Saturday, December 21, 2013

Indonesia's Leading Cruise Operator 2013/14

Hard to believe that it was only 7 years ago that my business partner, Lorna Dowson-Collins, and myself, Gaye Thavisin, first started dreaming about building a boat to take eco tourists along the Rungan River to catch sight of magnificent orangutans amongst the riverside lowland peat forests and to visit the Dayak communities living there. At the same time as supplementing villagers incomes and supporting conservation of forest areas, we were pioneering eco tourism in Palangkaraya.

It has been an extraordinary voyage. Receiving the ITTA as Indonesia's Leading Cruise Operator 2013/14 recognises KTD's commitment and vision, and affirms that others have responded to the dream. Thanks to all those in the tourism industry who voted for us!



1 comment:

Patricia said...

Hi,
I'm not sure if you are checking your blog but I am trying to contact your tour company but haven't heard back from email or phone? Is it possible to email me on:
p.morgan@unsw.edu.au - I'd love to come on a tour with you but need to confirm some details as I leave for Indonesia tomorrow morning.
Thanks for that, Patricia